Sunday, December 31, 2006

Another beginning to a new end...

Earlier, every time a new year approached, I would be excited what all I wanted to do in the coming year. But this time, when I started looking at the new year, I saw myself looking beyond the next 365 days..I guess this time, the point of reference had changed and I could easily just turn back and see my life as a map laid down on the table. Only that it had more zigzag lines than any complicated map would have !! But this view of 27 years of life actually helped me formulate some postulates about me and help me decide what I want to do next.

And I guess the only way to make things better, is to make life simple. Once you remove the complications, everything becomes crystal clear and you start functioning as an open loop system. Though isolated, but very efficient. And at this phase of life, this looks to be an optimum solution.

This year ended with a low and a high. The low not because I still could not get to my dream destination, but due to the inability to bring myself to a level wherein I could not be easily dismissed. But that low has brought in a high in the form of rejuvenated vigor to extract the maximum of what I have. I guess most of the times, we do not make the most of what we presently have and try to mix future with the present.

Well,this new year seems to have a lot in store for me to achieve :

-Get back into shape.
-Start playing racket ball.
-Realized that I am devoting too much time on MBA studies. I need to keep myself updated or else things will just crash.
-Get my wife here so that we start living our married life together. Its been four years since we have not lived with each other. Kudos to her for maintaining this long distance relationship.
-Start testing the concept of Gandhigiri. After seeing Lage Raho, I am gonna give one serious try to it. I still dont know whether I have the patience of being hit once and still allowing the other person to hit me again. But I am gonna give my best shot.
-Make life simple. Am not gonna distract myself and for once, allow myself to pursue my career in a field which excites me.
-Be a good son to an ailing father. We sometimes are so engrossed with our own lives that we tend to forget the very reason we are here.
-Treat the past as a sunk cost. Just stop worrying about it..

Things which I expect :

-US and Indian economy dont crash. I am due to graduate by the end of this year.
-Neetu (My wife) gets her visa.
-Yogesh and Nadkar have an amazing married life.
-Life becomes simple for Nitesh.
-My dad recovers.
-Amitoj gets his dream job.
-Arjun Singh becomes sane.
-Bharani starts blogging more regularly.

I just hope that Murphy's law is not applicable this year !!

Enjoy..Zindagi Rocks..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

all the best for everything baj. have a great 2007!

-mav

Ash Karandikar said...

heyy .. hv heard a LOT abt you from "perfection personified" . . wld like to meet you someday!!

neways.. live life lively . . enjoy!!!

Unknown said...

Buddy I am angry with you ... you have become very busy n have not even wished me on my birthday... kaisay bhai ho tum... :(